Happy Friday! Since Spring is technically here, (although you wouldn’t know it with the weather we’ve been having), I thought it would be fun to put together a post with some cute, must-have Spring things…aka Essentials for Spring 😉 Hope you enjoy and get some inspiration…or at the very least it gets you in the mood for some warmer weather!
- The floral trend is really big this Spring and although I’m usually always drawn to floral print, it has to be just right…not too loud or too girly. This off-shoulder top by Free People has just the right balance of pretty and sophistication. In my opinion, Free People can never go wrong, and who doesn’t love a little off-shoulder action?
- Camel is probably my all-time favourite colour for purses, so when the nice weather rolls around I get very excited to break out my Spring bags. I absolutely fell in love with this Rebecca Minkoff bag when I first saw it. The colour is perfection and for a mama that always has her hands full, the cross-body is a necessity. The chevron pattern also gives it that chic Chanel look. Love!
- Sunglasses are a year round necessity for me and I thought these gold mirrored aviators from Quay X Desi Perkins were perfect for Spring! I have them in the mirrored black colour and LOVE them! They are BIG and they make a statement… and the price is soo good! Now hurry up and get yourself a pair because they sell out fast!
- Next up, a little lippy for you…I got a sample of this colour Bitch Perfect from Charlotte Tilbury and thought it was soo pretty. It’s a peachy-nude hue, perfect for everyday, and it screams Spring! Bonus – you can order directly from the Charlotte Tilbury website in Canadian dollars and with FREE SHIPPING!!! (Woohoo!)
- Another big trend this season is military-inspired pieces. This Spring you will find it in shirts, as well as embellished jackets. I prefer a more subdued look like this one by BP from Nordstrom but you can also have some fun as there are so many styles to choose from right now. I have to admit I’ve gone a little overboard with this trend, but I just can’t get enough!
- I love me a good hat! Sometimes for warmth, other times for fashion, but mostly to hide a bad hair day. This one from Forever 21 is a steal (on sale!) and a great alternative to your basic black fedora.
- The perforated booties! This style was big last Spring but being pregnant I didn’t take advantage, (thinking my shoe size would change), so I was super excited when I saw them again this season and had to grab myself a pair. These Dolce Vita’s are from Target and at a fraction of the price, you can’t go wrong!
- Lastly, distressed denim is still going strong (love!) so if you’ve already got a pair or two you’re half way there. That being said, this season the raw hem is where it’s at! Just take a pair of scissors and cut them right above the ankles and let them fray away! These ones from the Gap are super cute and 40% off!
OMG all these florals, pastels and neutrals have really got me excited for some Spring weather, now if only Mother Nature would get the memo! Hope you enjoyed this post and got some ideas for pieces you can add into your Spring wardrobe!